At Savannah Legal, we recognise the importance of individuals’ privacy. Our policy for the management of personal information is set out on this page. It is our intention to always comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Savannah Legal also complies with the Spam Act 2003, which deals with restrictions on sending emails.
Collection and purpose
We may collect personal information from you in the course of dealing with us and from our website. In addition, we also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell when you use the website and also to help customise your website experience.
The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best possible customer service. The provision of some personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website.
Use and disclosure of information
We collect and use personal information for our business purposes. The main purposes for which we collect and use information are:
- to provide our clients with legal services
- where the information was given to us for another specific purpose (such as a job application), for that purpose
- in respect of our website, to respond to any requests made and for statistical, web development and internal purposes
- to carry out identity verification
- for our own internal, relationship and marketing purposes (however, we always provide a choice to “opt-out” of receiving direct marketing or related communications from us); and
- for a related purpose, where the individual concerned would reasonably expect us to use it for that related purpose.
- We only disclose personal information:
with the consent of the individual concerned
- as otherwise permitted by the APPs; or
- as required or permitted by law or court or tribunal order.
- Savannah Legal is also bound by professional obligations in respect of confidentiality.
We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation. We take all reasonable steps to protect against the disclosure of your personal information.