Make sure your assets go to the ones you love
Get expert legal advice on preparing, updating and contesting Wills and Estate Planning and protect your assets. We take care of your legal complexities, providing you security, and confidence your best interests will be carried out.Book a free consult
Get prompt Wills and estate law advice and strong legal representation, and let our lawyers for Wills and estate help you secure the best outcome.
Let us take care of your Wills and Estate law issues, so you can move on with your life.
Wills and Estate Planning
Seeking legal advice and support from a Wills lawyer helps you protect your interests, distribute assets with ease, and avoid legal complexities. The costs of making a Will in Western Australia, however, may come at a shock, especially in times of anguish and mourning. This is why at Savannah Legal, our lawyers specialising in Wills in Perth, believe in providing our clients with simple estate plans and sound Wills advice at affordable rates.
- Contesting a Will
- Drafting, Making or Updating a Will
- Enduring Power of Attorney, WA
- Estate Administration
Contesting a Will
Do you have legal grounds for contesting a will? When it comes to contesting a Will in Western Australia, seeking advice from a Wills dispute lawyer will ensure you know your legal rights and help you achieve the best possible outcome. After booking an obligation-free consultation, our Wills lawyers in Perth can advise on circumstances where you may be eligible to contest a Will if:
- You have reason to believe the Will does not make fair provisions for you
- You are able to show that the deceased was not right-minded when they made the Will
- You have reason to believe the deceased was pressured or threatened to sign the will
- You made a promise with the deceased that if you did something for them, they would include you in their will
Drafting, Making or Updating a Will
Most people seem to associate Wills with old age, however, there are many reasons why people are creating a Will in Australia. Reasons for preparing or updating Wills include Marriage or Divorce, Birth of Children, Death of Beneficiary or Executor, in addition to any major changes in financial situations or assets.
Our Wills and Estate lawyers in Perth can help you prepare, or update, a legally valid Will that gives you peace of mind that your wishes will be carried out upon your passing.
- Choose how your assets will be distributed
- Select your preferred burial or cremation arrangements
- Choose your executor
- Choose a guardian for your children under 18 years of age
Enduring Power of Attorney
When do you need an Enduring Power of Attorney in Australia? An Enduring Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows you to nominate someone you trust to manage your affairs in the event you’re unable to do so yourself. The document may outline who your attorney is, what property and financial decisions they can make, and when does it commence.
Speak to our experienced Wills and Estate lawyers in Perth about preparing an Enduring Power of Attorney today in a free consultation.
Depending on the complexity of your situation, settling an estate can take months, even years. We understand the situation can be overwhelming, especially if someone close to you has recently passed. Our Wills and Estate planning lawyers can help you navigate this stressful time and take care of all legal complexities, so you can move forwards in peace.
- Assist with applying for simple and complex Grants of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Provide legal advice on the obligations of executors and administrators
- Gathering and preserving assets
- Defending the estate from legal challenges
- Managing tax affairs and paying liabilities of the deceased
- Estate distribution
Need urgent legal advice and support?
Our very simple process for preparing Wills and Estate planningLooking to create or update your will? Are you an executor or administrator entrusted by a loved one? Our simple and affordable process provides you with expert legal advice and support. It all starts with a conversion where we will discuss your current situation confidentially. After some basic information, we’ll schedule an appointment with one of our Wills and Estate lawyers who is best suited for your situation.
Schedule a free consultation
Follow-up call up
Consultation with Wills and Estate lawyer
Get the very best legal solutions for all your wills and estate law issues in Perth
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the terms of the enduring power of attorney, an attorney does not have the authority to change a will.
A Will is an important legal document that sets out your final wishes, including the distribution of your property and the care of children under the age of 18, in the event of your death.
Things can get a little complicated if you happen to pass without a Will. Preparing a Will helps you ensure that your assets and wishes are carried out after you pass.
- Easily distribute your assets, as you can decide who gets what and how much
- Ensure your assets go to loved ones, and not to an estranged relative
- Identify who should care for your children, and not leaving it up to the courts
- Decide what to do with your estate taxes: give gifts, make charitable donations, and offset estate tax
Preparing a Will can be complicated without legal support and advice. Our Wills and Estate lawyers at Savannah Legal in Perth are here to help guide you through every step of the process. From Enduring Power of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Guardianship, to Preparing and Updating Wills, we make sure your interests and wishes are fulfilled.
Overtime, your circumstances may change, so it’s important to revisit your Will regularly. Reasons for preparing or updating Wills include Marriage or Divorce, Birth of Children, Death of Beneficiary or Executor, in addition to any major changes in financial situations or assets. Speak to our friendly Wills lawyers about updating your Will in a free consultation.